Date:Wednesday August 15 2012
Sunderland have failed for a third time in a bid to buy Steven Fletcher from Wolves.
The strongest rumours regarding Fletcher's move away from Molineux have centred around Sunderland throughout the summer.
But their interest didn't really begin to intensify until this month when they made their first bid of around £10million.
The 25-year-old then handed in a transfer request after their second bid of around £12million was also rejected by Wolves.
We have reportedly put a valuation of £15million on his head, but a third bid on Tuesday still failed to reach our asking price and was promptly rejected for a third time.
It would seem that negotiations over this deal are quickly pulling up to the crossroads and Wolves position is pretty clear, pay up or shut up.
"All parties need to draw a line under this matter, which has now dragged on for over a month.' Chief Executive Jez Moxey told Wolves Official Website.
He continued: "We need to focus on the season ahead and these disruptions to the squad`s preparations are unhelpful.
"We have always said we want to keep our best players. If our valuations of them are not met then they will remain at Wolves but we cannot allow this speculation about their futures to drag on indefinitely up to the closure of the transfer window."
Vital Wolves Comment: I still firmly believe that Steven Fletcher will not play for Wolves again and this is just part of the tactics to maximise the transfer fee we receive from Sunderland.
We have to pass on a sell-on fee to Burnley so for us to get the profit we want, Sunderland will have to pay that little bit more.
As we've mentioned previously we are in a strong position with Fletcher holding a two-year contract and if we want to hold out for more money we can do. The problem is, there is little point holding on to an unhappy player and with a transfer request handed in, Fletcher is obviously looking for a move away.
Tell us what you think
This website is 100% by the fans and we are always looking for people to get involved. If this interests you please contact Vital Wolves.
Date:Wednesday August 15 2012
Wolves would have gone bust (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Promotion achieved next stop Premier League (Monday April 14 2014)
Stats: Crewe Alexandra v Wolverhampton Wanderers (Saturday April 12 2014)
The Pivotal Promotion Week? (Friday April 11 2014)
No celebrations this weekend for Wolves (Friday April 11 2014)
Date set for Craddock's testimonial (Thursday April 10 2014)
Stearman will not be released (Wednesday April 9 2014)
Wolves take another step towards promotion (Wednesday April 9 2014)
Complacency will not affect Wolves (Tuesday April 8 2014)
Wolves winger set for return (Tuesday April 8 2014)
|3. Leyton Orient||42||23||11||8||+39||80|
» Tranmere : 15/04/2014 21:52:00
» Crawley : 15/04/2014 21:46:00
|Deacon Set For Return?
» Stevenage : 15/04/2014 21:37:00
|Weso Wants Oldham Stay
» Oldham : 15/04/2014 21:22:00
|SUFC Kick-Off change for Vale trip
» Sheff Utd : 15/04/2014 19:46:00
|SUFC Olly's View - Good Effort!!!
» Sheff Utd : 15/04/2014 19:29:00
|Spireites Extend Kearns Loan
» Peterborough : 15/04/2014 18:08:00