Date:Wednesday January 8 2014
Wayne Hennessey has apologised for sitting out Wolves league defeat to Gillingham on Friday after being linked with both Crystal Palace and West Ham United.
Personally I was really disappointed in what happened last week.
I know finances are heavily playing their part in Kenny Jackett's rebuilding of Wolverhampton Wanderers, but after Wayne Hennessey had proven that he had returned to full fitness, not only in the Championship with Yeovil Town, but also with Wales, I would have liked to have seen him displace first choice shotstopper Carl Ikeme in net.
So when it was revealed that Ikeme had been ruled out for six weeks after the goalkeeper broke his hand, I thought that Hennessey had quite literally been 'handed his chance'.
After all his injury problems he was finally set to play and make his first Wolves first team appearance since April 2012.
However, probably on the advice of his agent, with Crystal Palace and West Ham United rumoured to be interested Hennessey disappointed everyone by informing Kenny Jackett that he didn't want to play.
That forced Kenny Jackett to field Aaron McCarey who had only just been called back from his loan spell with York City.
So why did Wayne Hennessey not want to play?
"With hindsight I would have done things differently, and I know that whatever I say is not going to change what I have done but I am sorry," Hennessey told the Express & Star. The 26-year-old added: "I have apologised to Kenny but I also wanted to apologise to the club and the supporters who have always been great to me while I have been at Wolves through the good times and also my recent injuries when I worked really hard to get back.
"I just want to try and make fans aware of what I was thinking, and why I thought I was doing the right thing for myself and for the club.
"I assumed that with the transfer speculation surrounding me it would make sense both for me and the club not to play in the game but I realise that I was wrong.
Reports in London suggest that a bid from Crystal Palace was rejected over the weekend, whilst West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce has denied he is interested in the shotstopper.
Tell us what you think
This website is 100% by the fans and we are always looking for people to get involved. If this interests you please contact Vital Wolves.
Date:Wednesday January 8 2014
Wolves make first signing of the summer (Friday May 22 2015)
Afobe named in England squad (Thursday May 21 2015)
Afobe knows he must improve (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Is Sako worth £80,000-a-week? (Tuesday May 19 2015)
Wolves need a few more players says Van La Parra (Tuesday May 19 2015)
Wolves set to bid £3million for Cardiff striker (Monday May 18 2015)
Trio fail drugs tests (Monday May 18 2015)
Promotion pressure for Wolves (Friday May 15 2015)
Sunderland set to bid for Batth (Friday May 15 2015)
Ameobi set to quit Newcastle (Thursday May 14 2015)
|2.||Big Bad Wolf||4|
|8. Derby County||46||21||14||11||29||77|
|Boro mind games
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 21:13:01
|Mark Bunn Leaves City
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 20:52:01
|Former boss says Redfearn will be a huge loss to the club
» Leeds Utd : 22/05/2015 20:49:01
|Holt Fooled By Schoolboy Prank Call
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 20:23:00
|Rizespor Want Lafferty
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 19:42:01